Report and pictures submitted by Rob Ebbing, member of the Mississippi Valley Chapter of ACBS.
The headline picture today is a 1954 Raveau playing around cruisers that were heading upstream to Quincy, just north of Hannibal MO. Raveau, driven by Dan Ebbing, is owned by Todd Young and Rob Ebbing. The 1968 Hatteras in the background is owned and operated by John Bloch who travelled from St. Louis.
The 17th Annual Quincy Classic Boat & Outboard Show in September was a huge success this year with 65 boats participating!
These were the six classic boats that made the two day trip:
- “Willpower” owned by Tom and Lou Lenkman – 1953 42 CC Commander
- “Audy B II” owned by John & Audrey Bloch – 1968 31 Ft Hatterras Sportfish
- “Sarah Katherine” owned by James and Alice Tobin – 1967 30 Ft CC Crusader
- “Whoz Yer Daddy” owned by Dave and Sue Bullington – 1966 33 Ft CC Cavalier
- “Full Circle” owned by Dave and Vicky Wann – 1964 30 Ft CC Constellation
- “Cheri Baby” houseboat owned by Dan & Cheri Bloch – 1985 48 Ft HarborMaster
Friday night a group of former race boat drivers and mechanics talked to show participants about their days of racing for Quincy Marine back in the 1950’s and 1960’s. Quincy Marine was known world wide for their dominance in the racing world using Mercury outboards and designing and building enhancement parts for the engines.Saturday was show day and demonstration of boats/motors capabilities in the Quincy Bay.
Late afternoon Saturday around 4 pm all the boats were encouraged to travel up the Mississippi River three miles to a private “Island Club” for drinks and appetizers.
Boats headed back to Quincy after an enjoyable cruise for a nice supper served at the Quincy Boat Club.
Sunday morning brought some scattered showers, but the rain couldn’t dampen the spirits from a great weekend of sunshine and classic boating!
Thank you, Rob Ebbing, for sharing the Quincy Boat Show Weekend hosted by the Mississippi Valley Chapter.
Share pictures and a story about a boat show or boating event on this ACBS website. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org