The Philadelphia Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society holds a judged show of vintage boats on the grounds and docks of the Yacht Club Stone Harbor, NY.
Many of the boats are displayed on land where attendees can really observe closely the craftsmanship of the boats which have been built and used from historic times (prior to 1919) up through contemporary wooden boats built within the last 25 years.
Thank you, Carmen DeLeo, chairman of the Philadelphia Chapter show, for sending pictures of some of the great boats on display.
“The show was well received by members of the YCSH & walk in guests who saw advertisements at area Yacht Clubs and on Chamber of Commerce WEB sites. All Philadelphia Chapter members in attendance enjoyed the day!” – Carmen DeLeo
The headline picture at the top of this post is “Arabian Knight” is a 1959 Century Arabian owned by Robert Egelhoff Jr.
ACBS Boat Classifications
- Historic: A boat built up to and including 1918.
- Antique: A boat built between 1919 and 1942, inclusive.
- Classic: A boat built between 1943 and 1975, inclusive.
- Late Classic: A boat built after 1975 through the year 25 years prior to the current year.
(In 2017, the Late Classic period ends with boats built in 1992.)
- Contemporary: A wooden boat built within the last 25 years.
More information about judging classes, whether a boat is judged as “preserved” or “restored”, and judging policy may be found on this website under the About Us tab.