Have you been to a nautical museum lately?
ACBS is your connection to over 50 museums which specifically preserve historical information about boats and boating.
Click here for the links to Museums with their locations.
This link is always available under the RESOURCES tab in the top menu.
These are not your grandma’s museums anymore where you smell dust and see mostly DO NOT TOUCH signs.
As the list was compiled and links to their websites established, it became evident that these museums were also:
- providing hands-on learning about the skills of building vessels for adults
Whether you want to build your own boat or just understand more completely the boat that you already have, many museums offer classes for adults, children, or families.
Maybe you want to get a taste of the skills needed before committing to a technical school.
Or maybe you are planning a three-generation vacation with creative opportunities.
- providing classes for younger age groups or for families
- teaching how to safely use boats for enjoyment
- serving as a repository for boat records
- providing venues and co-sponsorship for ACBS boat shows
- and promoting the desirability of vintage boats and boating by holding their own classic boat shows.
from the Antique Boat Museum website
These are just a few examples from the Museum websites. Click here to find one in your area or look for one near your vacation destination. They have a lot to offer that is interesting, educational, useful, and just plain fun to know.