From October 11th to the 14th, over 150 small boat educators will be presenting their experiences and sharing their expertise at the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, New York. If you do this type of work, or are thinking about starting, you need to be there!
To register, go to: www.teachingwithsmallboats.org
The four days of sessions will include:
· A “Hands on Marketplace” to try out all kinds of boat based projects
· Hands on sessions in the boat shops
· Workforce development
· STEM and STEAM Programming
· Maritime Skills as Teaching Tools
· “101” classes for folks wanting to learn, or review, the basics about program development, fundraising, communications and organizational design.
· Pecha Kucha sessions – 20 slides in under 7 minutes!
· Examples of Good Program/ Project Boats
The Conference is being held in cooperation with the Museum Small Craft Association. So, you’ll also get to rub shoulders and learn from our partners in the Maritime Museum world- many of whom are also TWSBA members.
Your conference registration fee of $190 gets you four breakfasts, four lunches and one traditional St Lawrence River “Shore Dinner.” (At less than $50 a day, this is a good deal.)
We hope to see you there. There’s a lot of wonderful, valuable information to be shared! For more information, feel free to contact [email protected]