“Cemack” is a 1959 Chris Craft Sportsman 24′ owned by Carol E. Mack.
At the Les Cheneaux Islands Antique Wooden Boat Show on August 13, 2016, “Cemack” was given the “Most Original Boat” Award.
This boat was delivered to Worthy R. Brown & Sons of Lakeside, Ohio on June 2, 1959. The current owner bought it from the original owner on November 14, 1983, with 163 actual hours. The boat has always been kept in a boat house and kept out of the water when not in use.
Here are some of the original features still in this boat:
- No wood replacement of any kind.
- All hardware – no plating done except top bosw.
- Canvas top, side curtains and cockpit cover – never used.
- Original head & toilet paper – owner never used.
- Boat has never been stripped except transom for name change.
- Upholstery – Original.
- Bow flag- Original.
- Original spare spark plug in cotton bag from Chris Craft.
- Par bilge pump in plastic bag.
- Fire extinguisher – still charged.
- Tool set in cotton bag.
- Fog horn.