Anticipation is rising. Weather forecasts are being checked. Boat trailer wheel bearings repacked.
And speaking of packing – how many days do I have? Well, it depends:
- Nine (9) days from now, Sunday, September 3rd, many show week participants will start their Wisconsin adventure with a tour of Lambeau Field at Green Bay. This will be the grand opening of the Pre-events hosted by the Glacier Lakes Chapter.
- More participants will be joining along the way. Monday‘s boating will be on the Fox River and Lake Winnebago near Oshkosh, WI.
- Tuesday, September 5th will find the Pre-event boaters at Lake Waubesa, Lake Monona, and Lake Mendota, the connected lakes around the beautiful capital of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Pre-events continue on Wednesday morning with a guided tour in boats around the Milwaukee Harbor and rivers.
And the Antique and Classic Boat Society’s Annual Meeting and International Boat Show officially begin Wednesday, September 6th with an evening reception (Carribean Fun) at the Reef Point Marina in Racine, Wisconsin.
- Thursday, September 7th is official meeting day with 8:00 Chapter Roundtable and 10:00 Annual Meeting. EVERYONE is welcome. You will feel involved with the organization of this organization. There is a city tour available at 3:00 which includes the SC Johnson campus, & a Kringle bakery.
- Thursday evening is a Tailgate Picnic – Wisconsin Style! Wear your own school colors and come hungry!
- Friday is BOAT SHOW all day. Judging is taking place. Take a tour of the Evinrude plant. And there will be Seminars going on throughout the day.
- Benefit Auction is Friday night. This is the night you’ll remember because of the priceless item you bought (or donated) at auction AND the guest speaker, a young woman who is the beneficiary of an ACBS Scholarship. Oh, yes, there will again be great food!
- Saturday has the BOAT SHOW and Seminars continue. At 2:30, Boat Show Awards (Platinum, Gold, and Silver) will be presented at the Marina.
- Awards Banquet starts with awarding the “Best of —” Boat Show Awards, a gala dinner, ACBS annual Awards, and the changing of the guard.
Will you be there? We hope so. But even if not, follow along with what is happening. Maybe your chance will come next year.
The International Boat Show page on this website will give you access to all details and schedules.