Being an ACBS member automatically gives you invaluable relationships and experiences.
You will be welcomed at any Antique and Classic Boat Society event wherever you go.
ACBS members automatically have friends who want to hear their boat stories – and dreams.
- Follow the News Blog for a variety of stories, then share your own.
Finding out what you need to know and sharing what you do know with others happens as easily as a potluck picnic.
- There are organized Restoration Workshops and Symposiums
- Over one hundred “How-To” Videos are available for Members Only
- And the very favorite thing to happen at a boat show is for something to not work on a boat – because instantly there will be a cluster of helpers with tools (or at least a tow rope) to solve the problem.
- Many chapters have a version of the “TNT” group (Tuesday Night Therapy) to work on a project together, or it might just be a couple enjoying working together on a preservation or restoration goal.
Loving an old boat or a classically styled boat makes you also want to share experiences, often with other chapter members, often for the benefit of the community. And sharing those experiences leads you to an ever-broadening network of friends.
Want to increase the “property value” of your boat? “Grandma’s post-war little runabout” is invaluable to your family. Learning more about its past, the original manufacturers’ specs, the best maintenance techniques, all add to keeping its value. Plus having a network to register the boat and events to “show it off” add to its claim to fame.
Ask any member what the benefits of membership are – and they will talk about the relationships.
Of course, then there is the list of traditional benefits valued by members:
- The Rudder magazine, a world-class publication comes to your mailbox quarterly
- Access to Membership Directory with multiple searches for people, boats, engines, and more (online or in print)
- Videos of how-to preserve, restore and maintain all vintage boats – for members only
- Terbrueggen Photographic Collection of over 22,000 photographs which represent years of inspections and surveys.
- 10% discount on insurance purchased through Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance.
- Special discount rates on Hertz Rentals worldwide. Discount coupons for upgrades and weekly rentals.
- A 50% discount on BoatUs membership. (call ACBS (315) 686-2628 for discount code)
- $250 discount on a complete refinish from ACBS past-president Jeff Funk’s Antique Boat Shop
- Custom Marine – Jeremy Goldstein – Custom bilge pump with major service
- 5% labor discount on complete engine rebuild from Casey or Dave at CD’s Engine Service
- Jonathan Reus of Macatawa Bay Boatworks offers a 10% discount on leather interiors, 5% discount on new trailers
- Antique Boat Center offers a 10% discount on all chrome work plus FREE oil change for winterization or summerization
- 5% off on parts at Sierra Boat Company courtesy of Herb Hall
- Nick Lamando offers 5% off a full restoration at Hall’s Boat Corp
If you are a member – it’s good to review the benefits.
News stories come from ACBS members about their boats, boating, and chapter events. No kidding – the world would love to view your news. Please email your pictures and story to email@example.com